Thursday, April 10, 2008

A good joke

Today I had a phone call from my colleges that I work with at my previous job in Belarus. We worked together for 5 years and get used to each other. I miss them and my job so much. When we spoke, we remembered a 1st April joke that we made of our Director a couple of years ago. At that time she was in the position of Director only for several months and was afraid of everything. As I worked as a lawyer, she always asked me for advice before making any important decision. In our country there is a system of labour contracts. An employer and an employee sign a contract for a year. When this time is up, an employer has a right to prolong a contract or to break it without an explanation the reasons for it. We had a woman employee who was not a good worker. She was rude with our clients and was not hard-working. Moreover, she was a great gossip. The Director wanted to break a contract with her, but she was not confident because that woman had three children and our native law has a lot of guaranties for women with children. I looked though the labour code and informed the Director that in this case she had a right to fire the employee. She was afraid that employee can address to the court, but after a week’s hesitation she decided to fire the employee. It happened at the end of the March. At the 1st of April I decided to make a joke. As the Director knew my voice, I asked my friend to phone the Director and introduce herself as a court administrator. My friend informed the Director that the employee that we fared sued against our company. Then she added, “How could you fare a mother of 3 children!?” In a few minutes scared to death Director ran into my office shouting “I told you!!!” I cried in reply “Happy April 1st!!!”

1 comment:

Abdulmohsen's said...

Hi
a frienf od mine made April fool on me. it was really fun for him ofcourse