Friday, April 11, 2008

No more homework!

Congratulations! Our first final exam is over. Frankly speaking, I was not satisfied with our topics because half of them seemed artificial to me – least likely to replace, characteristics of unsuccessful entrepreneur, reasons for failing in business – all of them have negative meaning. But I hope that we are smart enough to overcome such a tricky things that Scott invented to puzzle us. The most pleasant thing for me to think about is that we shouldn’t do any homework more! I prepared for our writing exam, but I am not going to do anything to be ready for our reading and listening exams. I think there is no use of it. What I am going to do is to have enough sleep in order to be in a good shape (or state). In fact, I had to do most of assignments in C-train or at night and because of this I have been dreaming about sleeping for a long time. When I think about finishing EAP programme, I feel happy, of course. But it is difficult for me to imagine that nobody will study me English any more, nobody is going to correct my mistakes in writing and speaking – now we are ready for real life. But the problem is that I don’t feel confident in my language skills. Of course, I learned a lot, but the more I know the more I understand how much I still don’t know. I am not sure if anybody can understand my “deep” thought, but I am really concerned about it. I still doubt if my English is good enough to study at the University. Anyway, I wish everybody good luck in real studies at the University and to be confident in your English and in yourself!

3 comments:

Nahid said...

Dear Natallia!

Thank you so much for your kind words, dear. :)

:)) So do I. I am more than happy for not any more assignments!

I can guess, what Scott will say while reading your idea about “nobody is going to correct my mistakes in writing, any more” . . . . he would say : “I love writing center” ;)

Nahid said...

Dear Natallia,

I'm writing to thank you again for your kindness and all your encouragement.

Maybe I can gather some words and meaning to make a poem-like, but I can't express such beautiful sensation which you always have in your worrds and in your beautiful smile. I consider myself lucky to have such wonderful friend, here in Canada.

Thank You so much,
Blessing for you and your family,
:)
Nahid

Scott Douglas said...

Don't worry, I'm sure your English is more than adequate for university . . . and it's going to keep growing and growing the more you study at the U of C!