Saturday, March 1, 2008

A mysterious concert

Hi everybody! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I’d like to share with you my impressions about the concert I visited last weekend. It was a concert of a vocal group Camerata from my native country, Belarus. Although it was founded in the 1980th in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, I have never heard Camerata’s music when I lived my native country. There were many Russian people at the concert, so I had a possibility to chat a lot without exerting my brains. It was so relaxing! At that moment I felt as I appeared in my native country among native people. When I heard the first sounds of musical composition, which was performed in unusual and unbelievable style, I was shocked. There was no music at all! The singers imitated sounds of different musical instruments, birds, wind and waves. They song in English, Russian, and Belarussian. Camerata’s experimental style combined classical and modern traditions. The concert included pieces of different genres, from classical and ethnic to jazz, often interwoven into each other, giving birth to totally new and uncommon combinations. Their compositions were very special, with a variety of plots. The singer’s voices were so strong and pure, and they so harmonised to each other that admiration of audience was indescribable. The performance was impressive and successful. I think listening to Camerata is a unique experience having quite a magic effect. I urgently recommend you to visit their concert if you will have such a possibility in future.
I was surprised to realise that I had to come in Canada in order to get familiar with the creativity of this unique Belarussian group.

2 comments:

Nahid said...

Hi Dear Natallia :)

That sounds like you are very knowledgeable in music! Bravo!

I think the first impression is that to be proud of a national performance in the other side of the world. Good for you! Moreover, the creativity of combining classical music with modern instrumental music is impressive. It sounds to me very interesting! Do you have their schedule and any other details? I can’t wait to experience it closely.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

By the way, with a glance on your blogs, it can be easily inferred that you had a great improvement in your writing. You utilize our new vocabularies perfectly.

Have an enjoyable weekend :)

Scott Douglas said...

What a wonderful experience for you! I'm glad that a little piece of your home country came to Canada!