Sunday, March 30, 2008

A puzzle

Yesterday I was puzzled by my nine-years old son’s question “Mom! How old should I be to marry a girl?” I asked him if he knew a girl he would like to marry. He confessed to me that he liked three!!! girls in class, but he has not decided yet whom of them he should choose. When I asked him what did he like in each of them, he told me that the first of them was beautiful, and all his classmates had fallen in love to her. The second girl was clever, and it was interesting to speak with her. Finally, the third girl was lively and cheerful, and it was funny to play with her. What a difficult choice my son had to do! When I told him that the best time for him to get married would be after finishing a University, he became very upset and told me that he could not wait so long. In fact, in different cultures there are different stereotypes about the ideal age to get married or have children. In my native country young people usually get married and have children (at least the first) in the age between 20 and 30, where as in Canada people do not hurry to get married and acquire themselves with children. It usually happens after 40 or even later. Sometimes it is difficult to guess whether the parents or the grandparents are near the child because a lot of women decide to have their children after 40 or even 50.

3 comments:

Hisham said...

i he really wants to get married he should come to Saudi! just kidding
but in Saudi we can get married once we reach puberty which is around 8 to 12 years old

Nahid said...

LOL !
:D))))))
Natallia! It is one of boy's traits. Most of them always are indecisive with this challenge, and always loos the three(s) during their life. You know it!

How honest son you have!
Blessing for you and your familiy :)

Scott Douglas said...

My sister is 35 and I'm 38 so my parents are getting worried about having grandchildren . . . . . . .